Friday, April 8, 2011

Letterpop & an Event Poster

Letterpop, Letterpop, Letterpop… Where do I begin? Now, Letterpop looks really simple and it is. But underneath that simplicity lays some disturbances that just irk me. Multiple times I lost what I had typed and was never able to figure out how to access the editing bar once I had typed past the allotted view. There were a few other things about it that rubbed me the wrong way for such a simple program but I would like to get into what I did like about it. I will just say that I now understand why these are the high achievers projects. Ha! I really liked the look of the completed newsletters. There is a spectacular assortment of templates to choose from and the finished products have this smart, sleek look to them. The Event Poster I thought was cool. I decided to have a little fun with it and created a Beatles concert poster for a fictional 1963 concert in the Mount St Mary Auditorium.

Welcome to the World of Blogger

Internet Safety in the 21st Century

Event Poster – Beatles @ MSMC ‘63

2 comments:

  1. Dennis, I really enjoyed reading your articles and your event poster is awesome- as are The Beatles. Your articles were concise and easy to read but still gave the reader the necessary infomration. I also liked the layouts that you chose. I agree with you on the fact that Letterpop is great, but it is a little bit difficult to use. I had the same issue with disappearing text after I had typed past the allotted view. It became very frustrating. I think that the idea of the website is pretty cool and once you work out the glitches, the end products are very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis,
    I agree with you about the Letter Pop site...there are good things and bad things about it. It is hard to type your text in that little box they give you. I also liked the finished product, however. I also enjoyed that it was free!

    ReplyDelete