Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Voicethread

So... I created a Voicethread slideshow last night. I did mine on the American Revolution, a basic 10 slide timeline... real basic. I found the software very easy to use. It only took me a few minutes to look it over and figure out how to use is. After finding out you could not add music I decided I would find some appropriate music for the slideshow and just play it through my laptop speakers as I spoke the audio into the mic. It worked brilliantly. I did it almost the same way I added music to the audio of my digital story/documentary. I just played music on my laptop while I recorded my voice onto my mp3 player’s voice recorder. Then I uploaded it to windows movie maker as one audio file. This, in my opinion, was a step backwards after using windows movie maker. Voicethread has simpler, more primitive interface and in turn produces a simpler, more primitive product. On the other hand, this is something that you could teach elementary school children and have confidence they will be able to produce a quick, concise product. As this is with everything else I am learning in this class… it is something to add to the mental rolodex of technology that is currently at our fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment